Saturday, October 4, 2008

Let's Shop for a Cause


If you don't know by now, or seem to live in a dark, damp dungeon, you know October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Hence why you may see tons of pink packaging at the store and pink ribbons galore. I feel very strongly about the plight of women and men (yes men can get breast cancer) and this cause. My maternal grandmother died from it in her early 50's. I have a follow up breast ultrasound this Wed. to rule it out. So with that. There are plenty of pink ribbons in the grocery store, in the mall and all around. Buy items that donate proceeds to the fight. My personal favorite M&M's and Yoplait yogurt. Tell me what your favorites are! Join with me and let's beat this beast!




6 comments:

Ann Marie said...

I LOVE pink! Last year during this month, my friend got a pink dyson vacuum. So darling.
I'm grateful for the reminder!

Love your pink shoes!

Thanks for your comment n my blog. You REALLY need to read the books. ~ If you like romance!
~ Ann Marie

ChaChaCha said...

join army of women to help fight breast cancer. they need 1 million volunteers of all backgrounds. www.armyofwomen.com

Dirty Fingernails said...

If you click on the Rose pic to the right, that takes you directly to that link! Thanks for stopping by!

Emily ~ Little Window Shoppe said...

This is a great post! I'll keep this in mind when I'm out shopping. :)

cate said...

I ate that same bag of pink peanut M&Ms last night.

Havoc on the Hardwood said...

Great job on featuring companies supporting worthwhile causes like breast cancer.

My company, Gifts For One Gifts For All (www.giftsforonegiftsforall.com) is supporting the fight against breast cancer during Breast Cancer Awareness Month by donating 30% of the purchase price on 2,500+ gift items.

Visit my website at www.giftsforonegiftsforall.com and look for the "Cause of the Month" to help us fight breast cancer. Customers with purchases over $25.00 will receive a FREE gift card.

S. Young, Owner
Gifts For One Gifts For All, LLC
P.O. Box 2142
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
Phone: (866) 991-GIFT (4438)
Fax: (866) 766-6321
Email: info@giftsforonegiftsforall.com
Website: www.giftsforonegiftsforall.com
MySpace: www.myspace.com/giftsforonegiftsforall

I Must Set the Example

I Must Set the Example
For these two young ladies (except for the shoe and jean addiction)