Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Cocktail Party Goes On!

<



The day the tornado came ripping through the area, we had a cocktail dress auction to attend. What made me fret more?? The stinkin auction, where my hubby and I would hob nob and rub elbows with some of the most influencial citizens of North Georgia. I knew we would be the couple with the least amount of $$$$ in the bank, but I knew that me the guru of deals could dress the part, for little money! I got to the auction and was SHOCKED at the immodesty of the outfits or should I say bedroom wear at this function. Except for the little old ladies with old Southern money, who were dressed in beautiful Chanel suits and reeked of class and dignity. I was actually aproached by one and asked if I lived in the Country Club and that she was happy to see someone who was dressed appropriately. I take that as a complement. I try to be appropriate.


The outfit

Black sequined knee length skirt by INC found brand new with tags at Goodwill for $4.89
Black Basic tee from Downeast Basics for $9.99
White Cotton Shirt on clearance from CATO for $5.99
Black strappy heels for $19.99 at Rack Room Shoes
Total cost for a modest evening cocktail outfit: $40.86 plus tax


No comments:

I Must Set the Example

I Must Set the Example
For these two young ladies (except for the shoe and jean addiction)